NUDJ Plumbing’s experience covers a vast range of projects from housing maintenance to airport redevelopments. We have worked all across the Kimberley, from Kununurra to Port Hedland to Karratha.
Current Projects Include
RAAF Base Curtin - Client - Barpa Construction Services
Site establishment, preliminaries, water service, fire service and directional boring.
This project includes the Hydraulics Works Package for the Regional Fire Protection Equipment Compliance Project at RAAF Base Curtin, Derby in WA for Barpa Construction Services. This Department of Defence Project will help Barpa Constructions to deliver on its vision to “Empower Indigenous People and Businesses” by engaging local Indigenous contractors such as Nudj Plumbing.
This government project includes site establishment, a new water main, installation of RPZD’s and the installation of Fire Hose Reels and Fire Extinguishers. Works are due for completion towards the end of 2019.
Housing in Wyndham - Client - Kullari Building
Sewer wastes, sewer vents, domestic hot & cold water, hot water services, fixtures, tapware and civil stormwater drainage.
Wyndham is the Kimberley’s oldest town, Western Australia’s northernmost town and is also Australia’s hottest town. Wyndham is located 1039km from Broome.
This project was part of the North-West Urban Construction & Development Builders Panel, which has been established to achieve the aboriginal employment & training targets whilst offering better living conditions & enabling families to achieve better education, employment outcomes & home ownership.
Shell Prelude Off Shore Oil Rig - Client - Sodexo Remote Sites Australia
Remote area maintenance plumbing.
Routine and preventative maintenance works continue on the Shell Prelude off shore oil rig. The prelude floating liquified natural gas facility will produce natural gas from a remote field approximately 475 km’s north east of Broome, WA in the Timor Sea. The helicopter commute to work is pretty amazing!
Nudj Plumbing has the capability and capacity to provide offshore plumbing services, including:
- Servicing and repairs as required to EVAC toilets in ensuite and public (ex-parts)
- Potable water testing
- Servicing of water equipment / machines including ice machines (ex-parts)
- General plumbing services & maintenance
- Individual certificates for BOSIET, MISC, Offshore medicals
- PPE as required
- Safety & QA management
Broome Secondary College
Redevelopment of the $20 Million Broome Secondary College has commenced with the project expecting to involve hundreds of local jobs and apprentices. The project includes a new two-story teaching block, refurbishments to existing buildings and external landscaping and carpark works. The project recently commenced and is expected to be completed by late 2020.
Nudj Plumbing were awarded the major hydraulics package which includes sanitary fixtures, hot & cold water, natural gas, fire service and sewer wastes and vents. We look forward to working with WA construction company Crothers Constructions.
Western Australia Water Corporation Works
Nudj are currently working in One Arm Point conducting an audit of the communities waste water and have partnered with the WA Water Corporation on a range of projects.
Other works conducted with Water Corporation:
Water Wise plumbing fixture retrofit & Leak repairs which was free service to Water Corporation customers that identified properties within the Halls Creek & Fitzroy Crossing communities with high water usage.
- Home plumbing check to identify requirements for repair/retrofit.
- Repair of leaking taps, toilet cisterns at the property by conducting maintenance and replacing worn valves/washers where required.
- Retrofit of appropriate WELS star rated taps (higher rated taps for hand basins compared with sinks) in kitchens and bathrooms. (Flick mix taps and damaged tap fixtures/piping may be included at the discretion of the project manager).
- Retrofit of ‘WELS 3 star rated’ water efficient showerheads to deliver 9 litres per minute, replacing inefficient showerheads (fixed and flexible showerheads only).
- Retrofit of ‘WELS 4 star rated’ aerators to sink/basins taps where suitable and required for greater efficiency to deliver 6 litres of water per minute (not available for flick-mix tap sets).
- Retrofit of ‘WELS 4 star rated’ toilets (Caroma Aire concord or similar, 4.5 litres per full flush and 3 litres per half flush) to replace single flush toilets or old high volume dual flush toilets.
- Evaporative air conditioner system check and reset (if applicable).
Other works involved with Water Corp
Aboriginal Communities Smart Meter Project - Water Meter Replacements
The purpose of this project is to install pre-assembled smart metering packages, comprising a 20mm Itron TD8 meter fitted with Itron cyble pulse unit and Outpost data logger, in identified Aboriginal Communities, or Town Based Reserves, in regional Western Australia, to assist with management of water use.
The project will be divided into two phases. This first phase of the project will encompass a single campaign to install approximately 90 smart metering packages, including the lowering of meter services to accommodate the packages within secure meter boxes where necessary, into five communities in the North West region. The installed packages will be replacing existing 20mm sub-meters within some very remote communities such as:
- Nulleywah (Kununurra)
- Mirima (Kununurra)
- Parnpajinya (Newman)
- Gooda Binya (Marble Bar)
- Malingbar (Broome)
- Halls Creek
- Fitzroy Crossing
Completed Projects Include
- Kimberly TAFE
- Kununurra Airport
- Nirrumbuk Aboriginal Corporation Outstanding & Remote Communities
- Jarlmadangah Burru Aborigional Corporation – Maintenance of Community Housing & Infrastructure
- Beagle Bay Clinic
- Looma Nparih Housing
- Broome Road Industrial Park